If Hope Valley Had a Costume Party


    Happy Wednesday Hearties! I hope you all had a fantastic 4th of July weekend! Things were quite different this year, but hopefully everyone still had an amazing day!

    Now you may be asking yourself right now, "Where is that Team Lucas post you said you were working on?" Don't worry as I still am, and plan to hopefully post it next Wednesday. You all flooded the comments on the Tweet I sent out asking for help, and now I want to take some time and "compile the data" if you will. Lol! Thank you all so much for all the help! All us Team Lucas fans want the same endgame, but everyone brings so many different things to the table to think about and consider. Some things I never would have thought of myself, so thank you!


    Now onto today's post! This one was actually inspired by a friend of mine! Lauralyn who runs the blog, Heartstrings and Hallmark Things, (Which I recommend checking out!) recently did a post comparing Hope Valley characters to Disney ones. Well, that inspired the idea, what if Hope Valley had a costume party? And here it is! I hope you all have as much fun reading this as I did writing it!




Elizabeth


    Now this girl would totally come as a princess. She wouldn't have to be any in particular, just Princess Elizabeth! She'd have a beautiful gown, and this delicate little tiara. And then Little Jack could come dressed as her faithful horse! Imagine the cuteness! ....and to top it all off there would be two well dressed gentlemen vying for a dance with the lovely princess.


    But if we wanted to step a bit more out of the box then maybe she could go as one of her favorite characters from literature. I'm thinking Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice. Just imagine what the WCTH team could do to her hair and outfit! I'm seeing hair jewels, and a beautiful flowy gown! Eeek!

Lucas

Thank you Chris McNally for this fun pic!

    This one is pretty obvious, but still fun! What else would Lucas come dressed as other than a magician? That would work SO well. He could have the top hat, cape, and white gloves, and give a magic show on a little stage he's built for the party. I mean, his section practically writes itself. Lol! And then he'll call Nathan up as a volunteer in his show and "conveniently" make him disappear. For the kids entertainment of course. ;) (But Bill isn't too convinced....)

    But if he were to come as something else I'm thinking maybe a prince. Yes, I just gave him and Elizabeth the most cliche costumes, but it's my party and so....there! He'd totally rock the whole regal prince outfit and it would make for some wonderful fairytale moments with Elizabeth! Or he could even do the whole Jane Austen style outfit! Eeeek! Excuse me while I geek out. Lol!

Nathan



    No, Nathan. Coming dressed as a Mountie does not count. :D Hmm....what would Hope Valley's loyal protector come dressed as? Well, at the party I'm envisioning the kids are invited so Allie may have a few ideas up her sleeve.

    If she came dressed as Queen Victoria form her book report, then he could come as her royal guard. He'd stand by his queen and protect her from any young boys who'd come asking for a dance. On second thought maybe Allie should find something else for her Uncle to come as....Lol!

    A friend of mine also suggested him coming as a knight. That's like the really old version of a Mountie after all. Lol! And it would fit in with Allie's queen costume too! He'd continue to be the town's hero, gallantly keeping everyone safe, while making sure his helmet didn't fall down in his face. Lol! If only he could figure out how to reappear after Lucas made him help with that silly magic trick...


    And my last idea is an old fashion western cowboy! That would totally work for him! Just look at this pic of him from Heartland!




Bill


    Now what would good old Bill come as? Well, my first idea was a sheriff. Lol! But not just any old sheriff. I'm thinking he can sport a fake handlebar mustache, cowboy hat, and maybe even some chaps! He'll saunter around the party holding his belt, and break up the nonsense between Lucas and Nathan at the magic show.


    But then another thought came to mind, and he could come as the world famous detective Sherlock Holmes! It could be so fun! He'd have the detective hat and cape, and a long curvy pipe, and could talk with this British accent. Then when Nathan suddenly disappears during a magic trick and Lucas is the prime suspect, Bill would have to investigate the crime scene, sit everyone down, and question them the old fashion way. (All the while accidentally slipping in and out of the British accent. Lol!) I think it's a capital idea! ;)


Lee & Rosemary


    Oh, boy! Here comes the actress in Rosemary! There are SO many things she could come as. A famous actress from a movie or Broadway play, or she could even bring out her old fortuneteller costume from Season 4.
    However my friend came up with an idea for both Rosemary and Lee, and it made me laugh and so I'm going with that! Rosemary could come as Princess Rapunzel and Lee would be the tower. Lol! I can just see Lee walking around pitifully dressed as this grey stone tower, while his wife glides around in her elegant gown, tripping people with her fake hair. (The mental picture I get of that just makes me laugh. Lol!)

Jesse & Clara


    These two are pretty easy. I was first thinking Cinderella and Prince Charming but Elizabeth and Rosemary have already claimed princess costumes. And so I've decided that Clara wanted to go as a princess, but Jesse wanted to go as a pirate. They fought about it, but eventually compromised and went as a pirate captain, and a pirate princess. Lol! Although Jesse's pirate ways at the party make him another suspect for detective Bill.

Carson & Faith


    These two are the ones who inspired this post in the first place. In Lauralyn's Disney post she matched Carson and Faith with Robin Hood and Maiden Marian and that works great for their costumes!

    Carson can go as the dashing Robin Hood with his trusty bow and arrow, stealing cake from the unhealthy, and giving it to the poor children in need of sugar. And of course he'd have his love Maiden Marian at his side aiding his efforts. I can absolutely see him with that hat, and a bow slung over his back! (Although he wouldn't look like a fox. Lol!)


Fiona


    What would this city girl go dressed as? Well, one of the first things that came to mind was Amelia Earhart but she didn't start flying until a few years later, but there were female pilots back then and so I decided to go with that! She'd show up dressed in the leather jacket and hat, with those big goggles strapped on top. After looking up a picture of an Amelia Earhart costume I can totally see her dressed like that!
    After all she is a woman in the modern world. What's more modern in their time than a woman pilot?

Henry


    Now Henry is one of the hardest ones to figure out, as I don't think he'd really be up for a costume party. He'd probably just want to come in a suit, but that's not allowed at the party I'm planning and so let's say that either Elizabeth convinced him to go, or one of the school kids made pouty eyes at him and he gave in. (We all know he's soft inside. :)

    So for this sort of "story" I'm creating here, lets say that Gowen has begrudgingly agreed to come for Elizabeth's sake, but has nothing to wear. So he hesitantly, and I mean really hesitantly steps through the doors of the dress shop and asks Rosemary for a costume. She then goes all out much to Henry's dismay and he comes as a regal king. He would not feel he deserves the title, but after figuring out the mystery of Nathan's disappearance (He got stuck under the stage.) everyone declares him the hero and king of the party!

    However, if all else fails.....


    I'm just going to leave this here. No comment needed. :D

Florence & Molly



    You can't split FloMo up, can you? No, these two are coming together! I was trying to think of something they could dress up as together, maybe from literature but came up with nothing. I'm sure you guys have a lot of ideas, which if you do please feel free to leave them in the comments below!

     But I decided that these two are coming to the party completely decked out as women from 1700s France! Fiona has piled their hair high on top of their heads, and decked it with strings of pearls. Rosemary has sewn them these massive and elaborate gowns in bright colors, and they're gliding about the party with their little fans in hand, gossiping about everyone else's costumes. And the crazy mystery that took place. (Florence believes it was all Lucas' doing, even though he claims to be innocent....)

Ned

    Mr. Ned is coming in style! He's a refined gentleman with a lovely black tuxedo, gold rimmed monocle, a cane, and a top hat to "top it off." Lol! He'll secretly keep stealing glances at one of the lovely French ladies at the party, but never get the nerve to ask her to dance.


Hickam



    Ah, last we have dear Hickam. There are so many things this guy could come dressed as, but I think we can all agree that we need to see him dressed as the lion from The Wizard of Oz. Oh, it makes me laugh just thinking about it! He'd have this big mane around his face and whiskers painted on his cheeks, and a long tail. Lol! It just brings a smile to my face picturing it! And then combined with Bill interrogating everyone....It just makes me laugh!

    He'd get that wide-eyed innocent face when detective Bill suddenly asks him, "Where were you at 8:30 p.m.?"


    Well, that does it! Hope Valley is now set to have a fantastic night filled with fun and laughter! Boy, this really took on a story of its own! Lol! I actually think it would be really fun if the WCTH writers actually had a costume party episode! Maybe someday in a future season?

    Thank you all so much for reading, and thank you Lauralyn for inspiring this fun idea! Feel free to comment what you'd picture the characters wearing to a costume party below or on my Twitter page! God Bless!

Comments

  1. I was expecting the Lucas blog, but I absolutely love what you did here! Hickam as the Lion, how awesome is that! I love all of your ideas, and girl, really, you need to read my fanfic soon. ;) Just something you said here reminded me that you haven't yet. It is a finished work now.

    Great work! You always entertain me with your writing. Looking forward to another chapter on Friday.

    Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it! Sorry if you were disappointed. I just decided to save it for next week, especially after everyone flood the comments with all the wonderful reasons why Elizabeth should pick Lucas. Now I have more time to put everything together.

      And I will definitely get to your fanfic! (Don't worry! :) I have most of my major plot points figured out but I tend to be a cross between a plotter and a pantser so things happen all the time that I didn't know were going to. Lol! Also congrats on finishing your story!

      Thank you again for all the kind words and the comment! God Bless!

      Delete
    2. Oh gosh, no worries! You always entertain me no matter what you blog about! And I know your Lucas post will be perfect!

      ;)

      Delete
    3. Thank you! You're support has been such a blessing to me!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh this was fantastic and completely entertaining LOL! I was laughing from the start of Lucas making Nathan dissapear 🤣...and then the party turned into a mystery party hahaha. So many gems here that had me snickering. Bill as Sherlock Holmes capital capital, Carson stealing cake from the unhealthy 😂, Fiona as Amelia Earhart was spot on! Martin Cummins in those bunny ears 😂 "That's not allowed at the party I'm planning" love it! Ned's monacle lol 🧐 Thanks for the laughs. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thank you so much! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed it! I laughed multiple times while writing this!😂 WCTH should totally have a costume party episode! It would be a blast!

      Delete
  3. Pure perfection! This whole post was brilliant. The mystery theme that ran throughout was a story within the story, and I LOVED Bill "investigating" everyone. Oh my gosh, I haven't laughed this much in a long time! Your choices for each character worked so well, bravo! Have I mentioned you're an excellent writer?? Thanks for the awesome post and the laughs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weird....that wasn't supposed to post as unknown. I think I was signed in to the wrong account!

      Delete
    2. Awww! Thank you so much, girl! I'm so glad you got a good laugh out of it! I laughed myself while writing it! The image I got of Hickam dressed up as a lion just made me laugh out loud! Lol!

      Thank you so so much for your support and the comment! I always look forward to hearing your thoughts! God Bless!

      Also no worries about the comment showing up as Unknown but thank you for clarifying! Like I said, I always look forward to hearing from you! :)

      Delete
    3. And thank you for inspiring this whole post!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts