Figuring Out the Love Triangle: Part 1

 
    Alright Hearties. This is going down.
    By now most every Heartie knows that the most anticipated story line of When Calls the Heart's next season is the love triangle going on with, Elizabeth, Lucas, and Nathan. After the devastating loss of Jack Thornton, I was pretty skeptical about who they'd bring in for Elizabeth's "new" love interest. But after watching S6, plus Sailing Into Love, I can now say that I'm totally Team Lucas!

    Now as for the name sake of this post, I've actually decided to split this into two parts. The first one (The one you're currently reading) will list some of the things I've seen from social media, and Hallmark themselves. I'll be diving deeper than any sane person, and laying so much info on the table that you'll think I'm a psycho! (But I'm totally not...)

    The second part, which I'll be posting next Friday, will be me discussing ET's article where the cast voted whether they are Team Lucas or Team Nathan. I'll also list a couple different reasons why I personally think Lucas is the better choice.😁


Crazy Prediction 



    Alright, you have every right not to believe me, but this is totally a true story. About a day or so after watching S5's finale, me and some friends went to Hallmark's website and began searching through the movies section for who they could possibly replace Jack with. 
    (Do not take this to mean that I wasn't upset over Jack's death. I was so, so, SO devastated, and depressed about it. Even as I watched the Christmas Special for S6 it was really sad that he wasn't there. All I could do was just imagine if he had been. Anyhow, back to the story.)
    We scrolled through looking at the different guys, but non of them seemed like a good fit. (This is Jack they have to replace after all.) Then we came across, The Sweetest Heart, and my one friend says that Chris McNally could do it. I was uncertain about this, but my friend insisted that McNally was the guy.
    Now this is the crazy part. They actually wrote it down on a clipping of paper, "Prediction Chris McNally" and I pinned it to a cork board. Fast forward a month or more later, and I'm reading a news article title about how Chris McNally and Kevin McGarry have join the WCTH cast. It was so CRAZY! (And I still have the paper!)


Social Media

 

    If you've been following along on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, you may have come across lots of talk about the two potential suitors, and a good bit of it has come from Hallmark themselves. There's been lots of posts about Lucas and Nathan on Facebook and Instagram. Posts asking questions like "What do you think is in store for Lucas in Season 7," and "Do you think Mountie Nathan can enjoy his time off." There was actually something posted just this Wednesday about the cast of WCTH voting for who they think Elizabeth should go with, and for everyone to comment their choice below. (More on that next week!)
 

    Anyhow there has been a LOT of talk about these guys, and their goods and bads. I've read SO many comments, (Like SO many!) and it's hard to figure out what Hallmark's doing. As to my knowledge, their have been more posts asking Hearties what's to come for Lucas, and about him and Elizabeth, then there has been for Nathan. There have also been quite a few concerning the library, leading me to believe that there are going to be some story lines centered around it.
    Nathan's posts tend to be more for #MountieMonday, and asking questions like, "If Nathan called what would you chat about," and "Do you know any one who is a Mountie in modern times?"
 

    This is interesting to me. It seems that Hallmark continues to ask questions about how people feel about Lucas, but not for Nathan. It makes sense to me, as not everyone is sold on Lucas' character. With Nathan everyone knows that he's a good man, and would be a noble choice for Elizabeth. I'm interested to watch and see what else Hallmark will post.

 

 

Polls, Commercials, and DVDs   



    There have also been quite a few polls, some by me personally, and pretty much every time Nathan comes out the victor. This seems to indicated that, obviously, there are more Team Nathan fans than Team Lucas. This is why I was so happy and surprised that Lucas won the cast vote with ET. (Again, more on that in next week's post!)
    The other thing I'll point out is a certain Season 7 preview that Hallmark put out. It's on WCTH's Facebook, and it featured different quotes praising the show. The thing is that Nathan was definitely featured more than Lucas. The clips shown included Elizabeth and Nathan when they touched hands over a book, and when they were in the woods searching for the lost kids. None of Elizabeth and Lucas' scenes were shown. Does this mean something? I have no idea.

    The last thing is some DVD covers I found on Amazon, and they clearly have a favorite guy.


    Kevin McGarry seems to be the big attraction here, his name even coming before Chris McNally's. I don't know what this means. but for Team Nathan this seems to be a win.


    However If you look at Edify Films' DVD covers the two "Mcs" are even in their placement, so I'm unsure. Maybe their trying to throw us off with the other covers? Or maybe they just want to keep a Mountie on the cover? Either way I find it interesting, and I always love to see new cover pictures.

 

Credits

 

    Yes, I've gone so far as to pay attention to what order the two guys names appear in the credits. (Don't judge me.) Awhile back when I was sick, I did a bit of research on why names are listed in the order they are during the credits. There are multiple reasons for this like how important an actor's character is. Also sometimes it's actually apart of the actor's agreement with the company for their name to air in a certain place.

  
    Here are two different places I've looked at for the credits. The first is the episodes themselves. Now I've gone back and watched the opening credits from when Nathan first appeared to the finale, and I have the results.
    Chris McNally's name came before Kevin McGarry's every time, except for in the 6th episode "Surprise" where McGarry's name was used just after Erin Krakow's.
    Another place I have looked is on Crown Media's website, www.crownmediapress.com. You can search through the different episodes of WCTH S6, and it gives you a credits document of the cast and crew for each. Once again I looked from Nathan's first episode to the finale, and Chris McNally was listed first every time.

    As per usual I don't know how to interpret this. For Team Lucas people like myself it sounds good that his name comes first, although McGarry's name coming just after Erin's makes me nervous. The truth is I'm just not sure how their credit process works so I can't judge this properly. If any of you knows more about how credit order works please feel free to let me know.

 

    In the end, as I always end up saying, I still don't know how this is going to end. In my personal opinion Nathan seems like the obvious Hallmark choice, but I think that there really is a chance for Lucas. After all, he did win the cast vote.

    Thanks for reading! Be sure to check back next Friday as I discuss the Team Nathan vs. Team Lucas article from ET, and give my personal opinion on lots of reasons why I think Lucas is the better choice. God Bless!


    P.S. My shop is having a sale! 15% off everything in the store, but only for the next 3 days! Hurry on over to get your Team Lucas and Team Nathan merch!  https://shop.spreadshirt.com/heart-and-family-mercantile



Comments

Popular Posts