Pastor Possibilities


      
       Ever since Frank Hogan's departure there has been a gaping whole of faith related stories and church goings for Hope Valley. They brought in Pastor Simon for Baby Jack's christening, but I don't believe he's permanent.
       Rest assured Brian Bird has said during his interview on Hallmark Channel's Bubbly Sesh that they hope to fill the ministry shoes in season 7. And while I have no other information then that, I thought it would be fun to consider some possible options for him.
       Now of course many, many people want Frank back, but I personally don't see that happening. Plus without Abigail it wouldn't be the same. I think it would be fun if a new character was the pastor.
       Here's some of the people I've considered so far.


Wes Brown




       He would be SO GOOD!!! He's already been in a number of Hallmark movies, including one on Hallmark Drama called, Shadow on the Mesa, where he plays a cowboy. His personality is fit for a pastor and I can see him fitting in Hope Valley nicely.
       He would totally work and I can see him as either a serious man with a past or a happy guy who maybe even has a wife and a couple of kiddies.


 

Kevin Sorbo 


       I know this is a long shot and I have a harder time seeing him in Hope Valley, but it would be so cool if he was in When Calls the Heart. He would make a perfect western preacher. He also was in the same Hallmark Drama movie with Wes Brown and totally fits the frontier persona.
       I think he would add a lot of humor to the show and be a solemn sort of grumpy kind of guy with a dark and tragic past. Maybe he's a pastor who's lost his own faith in God and yet he's still trying to preach and help people.


        Once again I really don't think they'd pick him at all, but the thought is fun and I figure why not throw it out there.


 

Tyler Hynes



       I haven't seen a whole lot of this guy, mainly Flip That Romance, but I think he would work for a preacher. He's country, got a nice deep voice, and is good looking. I sort of see him almost as the son of Frank Hogan. They're sort of similar in character, and both have facial hair. (Which he would be keeping if he joined WCTH!)
       I think he could be fun in Hope Valley. He'd either have never married or lost his wife. Or maybe his fiancee left him for someone else, or died in a tragic accident. The possibilities are endless!



Sean Faris


       I really enjoy watching his movies and have seen just about, if not all his Hallmark ones. I think it would be really cool to see him added to the WCTH cast, and he always has such a friendly and happy disposition with a genuine love for others. All of which is perfect for a pastor.
       He could be a new pastor just starting out, learning his way around a congregation. He'd have to figure out what's the best way to help people, and win everyone over on his preaching techniques. 


       He would definitely be different than all the other pastors Hope Valley has ever had, and whether or not he's cast in that role, I think it would just be fun to see him on the show.

       (Side Note: Him and Fiona would be cute together!)


Eric Mabius



       Yes, I know that he's already the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries series Signed, Sealed, Delivered, but he may have time to be in WCTH. Everybody already loves him as Oliver O' Toole, and his character has the faith and personality needed for a pastor. He could very easily portray those things in a different character.
       It would be neat to see him dressed up in a period costume, interacting with the others in Hope Valley. Once again I see him with a tragic past, suffering from the loss of a loved one.

       I know that my ideas may be way different than everyone else's, but I really don't know what the WCTH Writers are going to do. I really can't wait to see what they decide! Thank you to everyone for your thoughts on Twitter!
       Feel free to comment below or on my Twitter page your ideas and opinions! God Bless!

Comments

  1. I could absolutely see Tyler Hynes or Sean Faris being the Pastor. I agree Tyler could be Frank's son. I also agree on Sean being a new Paster trying to find his way.
    Thank you for your Blog. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts