Christmas Cookie Matchup & Season 7 News


    Hey, hey, hey, and happy Friday! This post is a combo of my thoughts about the first episode of the Christmas Cookie Matchup, and a smidge of news about the highly anticipated Season 7 for When Calls the Heart! (Yay!)



Christmas Cookie Matchup



    I have said this before and I'll say it yet again, this is something that I would have thought I could only dream of!!! First off, I enjoy watching cooking/baking competitions. I've seen a few, and they're usually always fun. Then to mix that with the cast of my favorite show...BOOM!

    I don't know how those people concentrate on baking, or anything else with the WCTH cast standing all around them, and even...right...next to them... (I would straight up fan girl and die. Okay, maybe not die, but I already tend to be a bit of a scatter brain, so....yeah.)

    So first off, I have to point something out. (As if you had any doubt that I'd miss it) Yes, Erin Krakow, AKA Elizabeth Thornton, was standing to Chris McNally, AKA Lucas Bouchard. (Yippee skippy!) They even had this funny moment as they were tasting the first cookie when Erin pointed out that Chris had gotten some of the cookie in his beard. (You can't watch Hallmark without a Hallmark moment. Even if it's a reality baking show.)

    Another thing that made me laugh was the fun comments from the cast. If you haven't seen it yet, Erin's "egg going for a swimy" has already been made into a gif. But one of the best moments was the fun banter between Kevin McGarry and Chris McNally. Kevin asked Chris what he was doing and Chris replied that he was crafting. Kevin then proceeded to say, "That's cute, Chris." Chris then tells the camera that he's a good crafter.

    All this goes to say that I enjoyed the premiere and I'm looking forward to watching more next week! And what do you think I did after watching it? I made Christmas cookies, obviously! I actually tried a new sugar cookie recipe and iced them with royal icing which I have never done before. Here's a pic of the finished product!





Season 7 News

   

Alright, let's get down to business! I have some news pertaining to WCTH Season 7. Now you all may have already seen this stuff if you've been following along on Twitter, but for anyone who hasn't I've got some news for you!

    (BE WARNED! SPOILERS BELOW!)

    Now you may be wondering, "Hey, I thought you said that you were going to stay away from this stuff?" I did mention something about that, and I still want to be surprised by the plot and everything, but sometimes stuff happens. A tweet will just pop up when I'm not expecting it and...yep, enough said.


    Anyhow, onto the news!

    First off we have the title of the new Christmas Special! When Calls the Heart: Home For Christmas! I have no idea what that means. Maybe it has to do with one of the new characters and their past. I even thought what if they re-cast Abigail and it had to do with her return. (I really doubt this though.)


    Next we have a new addition to the cast for at least one or two episodes! I found this on Twitter and it's very exciting!


    Brady Roberts is joining the cast! Now I believe that I have never seen him before in anything, and I have NO idea who he is going to play in WCTH. Maybe another villain, or someone even suggested Lucas' brother!?! (I could see that!)
    Now as the tweet said it for an episode, which since the DVDs seem to combine two episodes per DVD I say it could be for either one or two episodes. I'd love to hear your ideas about who he could be! Go ahead and comment on my Tweet for this blog post with your thoughts for his character!

   

    Next up we have an actual screen shot of a scene from the show. And I'm not talking about the Christmas Special. No this looks like it's from an episode that will debut when the season finally starts sometime around February.


    I. Have. Questions. I mean, they are literally forming the love triangle!!! This looks like a very fun scene with some potentially good and funny dialogue. Please also share your thoughts on this scene with me in the comments for this blog's Tweet.

    Lastly, this one I actually just saw today, and I was a bit shocked. Erin Krakow usually keeps considerably quiet when it comes to interviews and such, but this gave me hope and yet made me anxious at the same time!

    A Heartie said that all she wanted for Christmas was for Erin Krakow and Chris McNally to have another dance scene in Season 7. Erin Krakow herself then responded and said two words... Wish granted. Plus she put a shushing emoji afterward.

    What does this mean, Erin!?! Well, actually in a way it seems pretty straight forward, which means Elizabeth and Lucas are going to dance again! (YES! Happy dance!) Yet, Erin didn't say much more than that. Where or when this shall take place I'm not sure. Maybe the Christmas Special seeing that there's a festival going on and Lucas is behind the whole thing.

    But does that mean Elizabeth will first go with Lucas and then switch to Nathan? Will she stay with Lucas the whole time? Help!



    All this is very exciting, and makes me want to see Season 7 ASAP! Also if anyone hasn't seen it yet, if you go to the "shows" section on Hallmark Channel's website and scroll over When Calls the Heart you can read a little bit of this Christmas Special's plot. I personally want to be surprised and if you do too I recommend not reading it. Then again it could be really basic and not spoil much at all. I'm not sure. Read at your own peril. 

    Finally this isn't really news, but there was this fun video that ET did with the WCTH cast that I thought you'd enjoy! Here's the link! https://www.etonline.com/media/videos/when-calls-the-heart-stars-answer-each-others-burning-questions-exclusive-136091


    Thanks so much for reading! Feel free to drop a comment below or on my Twitter page! (Blog comments will be responded to via email.) God Bless! 


   P.S. Only 2 more days to save 20% on your order! Click here to shop for fun When Calls the Heart inspired merch! https://shop.spreadshirt.com/heart-and-family-mercantile 

 











Comments

  1. i love reading your blog i hope she picks nathan i love him and i think he needs her

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just like you with trying to find out what's going to happen, but I'm Team Nathan. Gotta say, I loooove reading your blog, even if you are Team Lucas :D Just shows how much we Hearties can get along regardless! :) What are your thoughts on the concept of the love triangle in general? I'm surprised the writers have decided to go in that direction, because whatever the outcome ends up being, a large portion of the fan base will be disappointed. I remember being on the losing side of a Team So-and-so love triangle in a novel series, and it actually felt like a betrayal. I'm really hoping that doesn't happen here, but I'm wondering how in the world they're going to tie it all up so that they don't majorly disappoint about half of the fan base!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts